Can I go or must I stay – relocation with children

by Peter Magee on July 1, 2014

Peter Magee

Sometimes when parents separate, one of them wants to move away with the children to be closer to family and friends, for greater job opportunities, or for a change of lifestyle among other reasons. When children are involved though, parties need to be mindful of the impact on the children and the children’s relationship with their other parent.

If a parent moves without the other parent’s consent, they risk the other parent seeking a court order for the children’s return and possibly a costs order.

So, if you are considering relocating away from where you and your children currently reside, contact us on (02) 9261 4555 to arrange an appointment for legal advice before you make the move.

If you are a parent concerned that your former partner is thinking of moving away with the children or has moved away, contact us to arrange an urgent appointment as soon as possible.

More information on relocation of children can be found here.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: